CAD Specialist – American Steel and Aluminum – Syracuse, NY
The CAD Specialist position is a great role for an experienced or new entry level drafter who is seeking an opportunity to gain additional exposure to CAD design as well as to its relationship in the fabrication/processing space.
American Steel and Aluminum (ASA) uses a variety of design programs however the most common are:
- Fusion 360
- Solidworks Plus
- Steel Projects
- ShopDataSystems / Parts2Plus
- Excel / Microsoft Office 360
The company is more than willing to train and educate a candidate who may not have experience in any of the programs above; however, some CAD design experience is required (whether that experience be via a technical school/educational training or practical work experience).
As a sales-oriented organization, the company’s CAD Specialist serves a key member of our customer service team in relation to our processing business. The CAD specialist will help obtain customer designs and/or specifications and tailor the order designs to align with the company’s software and burning tables. Designs range from very basic to more complex.
This position is a great opportunity for an individual who is a self-starter, has excellent interpersonal skills, and can multitask and thrive in a high pace environment.
The ideal candidate is a professional and organized self-starter with exceptional communication skills who can perform as part of a team, work well under pressure, solve problems, handle multiple projects at once, and conduct themselves professionally with co-workers and others. If you are looking for a job where no two days are the same, this is the position for you.
The CAD Specialist, will also have the opportunity (in due time; if they have the necessary skillset and interest) to have sales related tasks and projects added to their role. These tasks could include, but are not limited to, handling customer order calls, negotiating pricing and/or quoting, etc.
This opening will be based out of ASA’s Liverpool, NY location.
- Assist Processing Sales Manager in the day-to-day CAD requests/orders. These would primarily be focused on Liverpool’s customers however it could include some special orders/requests from other office divisions of ASA.
- Analyze customer requests/engineering sketches and work with diagrams, schematics, layouts, multi-view, and various drawings.
- Scale and tailor drawings using a computer aided drafting system.
- Determine design factors such as size, shape, and arrangement of parts.
- File drawings and maintain catalogs of CAD/drawing data.
- Aid in creating routine design layouts and detailed drawings of products.
- Assist in compiling materials and specification sheets.
- Assist with dimensions and annotates routine drawings.
- Assist with any other assigned duties that are given by a member of the ASA management team.
Key Job Requirements
- A minimum of a High School Diploma, a degree or certification from a technical school or other higher level of education preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of AutoCAD or CAD drawing experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience working in a distribution or manufacturing organization preferred.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing design.
- Ability to read and understand customer prints, drawings, and models.
- Ability to work independently and be part of a team.
- Be self-directed and capable of prioritizing opportunities and performing multiple tasks.
- A quick learner and ability to communicate with a diverse clientele group.
- Proactive, solutions oriented.
- Good presentation skills and ability to communicate concisely.
- High energy, positive attitude, proactive problem solver.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift at least 25lbs
- Extensive computer use
- Have good depth perception and color discrimination
Pay Range $45,000 – $60,000 based on experience
Why Join Our Team?
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Deferred Compensation (401k) Plan with a company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- No-cost Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability overages
- Paid Time Off
- Team Events
- Employee Perks/Discounts
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
American Steel and Aluminum LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, our company complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment at every location in which the company has and operates its facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the company’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Revit: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location